Dec 16, 2009
Pointe
Mara Lee is our dancer. She loves it. Entertaining is her life. Singing, dancing and acting is her passion. She loves make-up, clothes, shoes, jewelry, music...etc. I'm anxious to see what she does in life. This month Mara started pointe ballet. She did months of ankle strengthening before she was able to actually put the pointe shoes on. It looks so beautiful and graceful in all the ballets I've seen. Little do most of us know, behind the beautiful costumes and perfect bodies, is a lot of pain and hard work. It took Mara and I ONE hour at the dance store for her to be fitted for the perfect pointe shoe. It's a HUGE deal to have your pointe shoes fit perfect. If not, you will end up in sever pain and with possible life long feet problems. Who knew? Anyway, I will take pictures of Mara during her pointe class soon. The dance studio is a little funny about pictures being taken during class but...I will try to get some.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Reese now wants "toe shoes" for Christmas, "just like Mara"!!!
ReplyDeleteWe love ya'll, Patti & Reese