Oct 14, 2010

Jason's & work...

Our Jasie is gone. He left on Sept 17th to go work in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. A Texas based company that has a contract to do work up there offered him a job. The opportunity sounded good and the time was right, so off he went. Map Quest said 25 hours from Deer Park,TX to Philadelphia,PA....it took him 36 hrs. Its a hard trip to make on your own. Especially being Jason who gets distracted by every shiny thing he passes on the road and can't sit still for more than 30 seconds at a time. However he made it. I am very proud of him. I'm sure being away from home and everyone you love isn't easy, but its worth it. Jason and I discuss his decision to stay every week. He may have to miss important things here, but he realizes the big picture and what's more important at the time for our family. It wasn't an easy decision to leave, so he is making it worth it. Hopefully this is a good experience for all four of us.

It was weird at first without him here...scary, boring, extra work....but now I'm use to it. I do miss him bunches. I miss laying my head on his chest when I hug him (yes that's how short I am)and I miss hearing him breath at night. He can never scare me, because I can always hear him breathing way before he jumps out...lol (darn asthma), I miss tripping over his size 12 shoes every time I walk in our bedroom, getting to be lazy while he makes me coffee and brings me a blanket, me being the last one in bed and him getting back up to turn the light off, even though I should have. However...I've realized without Jason here there is less laundry, less dishes, less trash...more food, more pillows and more me time (like blogging time). So I will try to take the positive with the negative and deal with it.
We love you Jasie! Hurry Home!


Jason is here...a whole different time zone (they're an hour later than Texas).



Just in case you didn't know exactly where PA was...here you go. To be honest...I knew it was up North, but not sure exactly where. It has never been a very interesting state to me...so I never really cared where it was on the map. Then I realized it's only 2 hours from New York City...lucky Jason.

2 comments:

  1. i like the part about jason getting distrated by every shiny thing on the road made me laugh...that's our Jason, huh?!?!?!
    i did not like the part about y'all missing him :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see him for Randa's tourny.
    Love him & ALL his girls, Patti & Martin

    ReplyDelete