Mara is special. It's my blog, so I can brag on my children right?..lol
Jason shared a story with me about Mara last night. While he told me the story, I sat there speechless...and couldn't help but cry. As a mother I've had a lot of proud moments, but none as proud as this.
As some of you may know, January 2nd Mara lost a close friend. She and her friends are deeply hurting. Many nights I've stayed up with Mara talking with her about this tragedy. Fortunately Mara has a great understanding of death, Heaven and God. I hear her on the phone with her friends sometimes trying to give them the same hope and understanding that she has about their friends death. It makes me proud.
However not as proud as when I heard this story...
Yesterday, Mara was sitting in her room with 2 of her closest friends. Jason was sitting in the living room, and could hear every word. Mara told her friends she was a christian and knew she was going to see their friend that passed again one day in heaven. She spoke of being saved and baptized. She then asked her two friends, if they were Christians. One said "yes", and the other said, "I do believe, I want to go to church and become saved". Mara said, "you don't have to be saved in a church...you can ask Jesus into your heart right now".....So together Mara and her friend prayed and asked the Lord to save her.
What an amazing person Mara is. I am so blessed she is my daughter.
Wow! That is the most awesome thing I've heard in a long time! So simple.....yet so life changing. Mara has been used to forever change her friends destiny. I am so proud of her strength and pray for more of my own! Thank you Mara for allowing the painful times in your life to mold you into a positive person...not a negative one! So many people choose the opposite. Love you!!!
ReplyDeletenothing more special than that....
ReplyDeleteWe're not surprized!!! Mara has always been tender hearted to GOD and to others. We both have tears running down our cheeks, she has and will continue to touch sooo many people. We're blessed to have her in our fam! Martin says to tell her we're rejoicing with ya'll & her friend & Jesus & the angels! GLORY!!!
ReplyDeleteCrying right along with you. I am so proud of Mara. (Caymie too). That is just precious!
ReplyDeletelove all of you!!!
That is so awesome, Angela...brought tears to my eyes! At the very top of my list for my children: to love and have a personal relationship with God...the rest falls into place after that!
ReplyDelete